Sunday, November 4, 2007

Preperations

My staging is set for December 1-3rd, less than a month away. And I am absolutely nervous and excited. I can't believe it's really happening. I'm in the process of letting everyone know but I wanted to create a blog page where I can post information and what's going on for friends and family.

So Staging is the same thing as orientation which will be held in Philedelphia. I haven't got much information about flights or anything like that yet. I expect to know more before the end of next week.

From staging I will be departing for Guinea, West Africa where I will begin my training and living with a Guinean family for 3 months. Apparently I will be learning french and another local language and I will be learning more about the Peace Corps, Guinea and my assignment.

After I am done with my training, I will be sworn in an official Peace Corps volunteer! How exciting! And thats when my 2 year commitment will begin. Approximately around March 2008- 2010.

I don't know for sure how often I will be able to update my blog but I will try to keep it updated and add pictures when I can.

No comments: