Thursday, April 10, 2008

March 27th

Blog entry 3/27/08

There have been many frustrations throughout the past two weeks but rather than focusing on that I’d like to note the things that were accomplished.
I have located a reliable tutor who speaks French well enough that I can work with him at least twice a week.
I built a small litter box for my kitty and potty trained her. She caught on pretty fast and the house is much cleaner now.
I have successfully gutted, scaled and cleaned a fish at least twice since writing this.
I have learned how to talk about my family in Pular. (it’s still a work in progress but progressing. Ask about moodi an.
I have NOT raised my hand to any kids despite how annoyed I get when they come to my house and stare at me and my cat. And then ask for candy or cookies and whatever they can see in house from my porch.
I have successfully learned how to wash my clothes more effectively and efficiently by hand.
And the best thing I learned recently was how to carry my 25 liter bidon full of water on my head from the pump to my house. I could probably go farther. It was uncomfortable at first but so much easier than carrying it in my hands.

My head did hurt a little bit but when I carried it with my arms my back hurt after on one trip. Now I can make more trips and quicker as well. And work? It is coming along with less irritancy than before. And the work relationship is getting better between me and the health center staff.

No comments: