Saturday, June 21, 2008

I miss Guinea

Blog June 19, 2008

It’s officially six months into service, that’s ¼ completed. Can you believe it? I sure can’t, time is going by so fast. So currently I’m spending some time in Senegal and all I can say is that I miss my home and I miss Guinea. Um so it looks like June is almost over and a lot of things I was looking forward to have been put on hold till I get back to my site. Thankfully a training has been rescheduled so many things won’t be such a complete mess it just stinks to leave for long periods of time.
Forth of July I hope to spend at the capital with a bunch of other Americans. I really would like to go to either or both Morocco and Egypt. (if anyone is interested in accompanying me, let me know)
So how’s Senegal? Well it’s different, but I honestly really can’t say because I haven’t done much exploring. So I don’t have much of an opinion. One of the languages is close to language they speak in the region I am located in guinea. It’s not exactly the same but has a lot of similarities. I really like the music, I’m finding it hard to dance to though because the beat is so fast but it’s good. I really enjoy it. I’m enjoying more music from surrounding countries than the one I live in. Cote D’Ivorian music is excellent as well. With all this time on my hands I’m trying to think about what I want to do after this adventure is over, I’ve narrowed it down to three choices, graduate school, work maybe foreign services, and/ or a three year of Peace Corps. I know I’m getting ahead of myself but I think I want all of those and wouldn’t be that upset if I didn’t do a third year. But we’ll see. Any ideas? Write me!
So I’ve been going back and forth with the idea whether or not to go home, this would give me an opportunity to bring back more gifts for people but I think it might be easier to send them with people who come to visit me. That and it’s gonna be another adjustment and like it’s expensive and such. As much as I want to go home, it doesn’t seem necessary. And I bet when I go back to my village everyone is gonna ask me for gifts until I’m blue in the face. LOL. That’s a guarantee!
I wish I had more to say but really nothing is new, nothing’s going on. I’d love to get letters. That’d be nice or even a package. That’d be even sweeter or maybe even an email. I didn’t die or anything, I only joined Peace Corps so like why haven’t you wrote?

No comments: