Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I miss home

Hey everyone, how is everything? So it’s In Service Training time and I’m here learning lots with my counterpart. As well as brainstorming ideas to take back with me to my village. Right now I feel so positive and so ready to put these ideas and methods into play and hopefully spark some creative thinking or change.

Things have been going well; I’m three months into my service and looking forward to this summer. I have lots planned already and looking for more projects so I’m really excited. I hope things go as planned, I know they probably won’t go exactly as planned but I hope to get as close as possible. The rainy season is coming and I think I’m prepared but I’m not sure because it’ll be my first brush with the rainy season. I hear it’s hard to do anything late July through early September. That doesn’t scare me too much. I just hope I am able to get back and forth to the market for food when I need to.

People keep asking me if I can receive packages, yes I can get packages and letters and would love to hear from you. It gets kinda lonesome here because I’m so far away and live by myself. If anyone wants to send me a package, you’re more than welcomed.
My address:
Kimberly
Corps de la Paix American
B.P. 1927
Conakry, Guinea
West Africa

About my site, I love my site and I’m really happy with where I am. I think my village likes me and respond to me well. They haven’t ostracized me yet. But I’m still struggling to speak the local language it’s ridiculously hard and I have yet to find a reliable tutor. I thought I found one but he started to hit on me so I have to find another one who isn’t a jerk. But other than that, I’m here and I like my new home. My cat is doing ok too by the way.

No comments: